I selected several awesome activities in May. Perhaps one of them is taking place just a few miles from you! Check them out and have fun!
United States, New York
29th April to 1st May 2013
Responsive and adaptive design is about more than making sites look good on mobile. It’s about creating a web that’s flexible, accessible, and usable – and to do it right, you’ve got to work together:
- Design must account for the realities of complex content
- Writing must be trim and clear to work across many layouts
- Code must consider performance and accessibility while maintaining your design system and messaging
United States, Atlanta
5th–8th May 2013
The Summit consists of two important parts. The first part is the over 80 education sessions, organized in seven tracks, which begin Monday morning, 6 May, and continue until mid-day on 8 May. All sessions will be 60 minutes long. The second important part is the Expo, with more than 50 companies represented; this will open on Sunday evening, 5 May, and run through 5:00 PM on Tuesday, 7 May.
Additional education opportunities are also available on Saturday and Sunday, 4-5 May, in the form of preconference certificate sessions and preconference workshops/tutorials.
Networking opportunities include not only the receptions but the Honors Banquet and Closing Lunch. Both events require a separate ticket. In addition, most of STC’s Special Interest Groups (SIGs) have networking events and meetings.
United States, Mclean
9th–11th May 2013
- WORKSHOPS: UX masters lead a full day of in-depth hands of training.
- CONFERENCE: Must hear talks from global brands and UX pioneers
- UX HACKATHON: A special focus on user experience and over $10,000 in prizes
13th–15th May 2013
15th–17th May 2013
Why you can’t miss UX Lx:
- UXLx is a premier User Experience Conference, and the speaker lineup is really the cream of the crop in the industry worldwide.
- UX Lx believes in promoting new talent, that’s why they open up 16 talk slots for anyone to apply for. They also host meetups everyday so you can get to know fellow peeps from all over the world.
- Set in beautiful sunny Lisbon, Portugal, UXLx will offer a great range of side-activities, all designed to immerse you in the Portuguese culture: Music, Food and People.
FileSquare sponsored UX Lx: User Experience Lisbon 2013!
Know more about the happy partnership.
United States, San Diego
20th–22nd May 2013
An Event Apart San Diego is an intensely educational learning session for passionate practitioners of standards-based web design. If you care about code as well as content, usability as well as design, An Event Apart is the conference you’ve been waiting for. Join us for twelve great speakers and sessions, plus an optional day-long workshop on multi-device web design.
United States, Boston
28th–31st May 2013
AnDevCon is the technical conference for software developers building Android apps. Offering mobile app development training and Android app development tutorials, AnDevCon is the biggest, most info-packed,most practical Android conference in the world. Choose from more than 75 app developmentclasses and in-depth Android development tutorials designed to take your Android development skills to the next level!
29th May 2013
The online conference has asked six of the smartest people in the UX industry to share the most essential tips that designers and researchers need to know. They came up with 31 incredibly valuable pieces of advice that will dramatically improve and strengthen your UX practice.
They’ll help you:
- Get fresh and practical information that will make a difference in your work
- Be surprised, as some of your assumptions will be challenged
- Have a better understanding of the “state of the art” when it comes to the industry’s best practices